23/05/2015

BATHROOM DIARY #1. HAIR CARE

First post for the new series of posts "Bathroom Diary". Yeahhhh...

Through the last year I have tried quite a lot of body, face and hair care products. I love discovering new brands, products, scents, textures, etc. But new stuff does not always mean that it is better than something previously discovered. Searching and experimenting help me find products that really are good for my skin and hair. In this series of posts I am going to share products you will always find in my bathroom or those that I have recently tried, loved and repurchased. 

Let's get started! Hair care.


I am a brunette, my hair is long, wavy-curly, thick and I dye it approximately once a month with no-ammonia hair colourants.

In the sense of shampoo my hair had been very capricious. It would have loved to be washed with different shampoo every time, but unfortunately... I kept on trying to accustom it to one brand, but after one and a half bottles my hair used to defeat me and I used to sigh and go back to drugstores in search of a new shampoo. So I was tormenting myself for probably my all life and not really noticing that until I tried Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic shampoo. Now, I would not describe its texture as gel, it reminded me more of jelly. When you squeeze it on to your palm it does not stick to it and before it reaches your head, half of it usually ends up in the bathtub (I am so clumsy). Looks like my hair is quite enjoying this entertainment and does not mind this product as I have already repurchased it six times. I noticed that when I had started using Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic shampoo, my hair did not grease that quickly, my scalp was not itchy anymore (apparently it was very dry and sensitive) and my hair looked shiny. By the way, despite its strange texture, it has a pretty nasty scent that reminds me of leather bag or coat. I know, it is really strange. 

After shampooing my hair, I always use conditioner. To be honest I have not discovered yet a conditioner that could be easily purchased in drugstores, but me and my hair absolutely love the ones you get together with L'Oreal Casting Creme colourants. It smells so nice and does the job perfectly.

After I rinse conditioner, I dry my hair with a towel and I always distribute some argan oil on the ends of my hair. Personally I always repurchase Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-in Treatment, but any other will do here.

Time to time I pamper my hair with masks. If they work or not I find out from my hairdresser as she always comments on the state of my hair. The irreplaceable mask for my hair is The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter. This butter is for dry hair and I use it every time I feel my hair needs it. 

For the time of the year when I lose more hair than usually, I use Lush Roots hair mask. I simply massage this mask into my scalp, put a shower cap on and in 30 mins or so I rinse it off. The main ingredients of this mask are three different kinds of mint that stimulate your scalp and hair follicles which helps your hair grow quicker and stronger. By the way, if your head gets cold and tingly, that's alright. It's just mints working :)

That is it about my current hair care routine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment